By Debra M. Eldredge
For years, many veterinary remedies for cats have been in response to study performed with canine since it used to be wrongly assumed that cats have been very related. lately, there were large strides in pussycat veterinary examine. This vintage reference is absolutely up-to-date and revised to mirror those advances and offers you the main up to date counsel on cat healthiness and cat care. It includes:
- An index of symptoms that can assist you locate info fast
- Clearly written, step by step instructions for dealing with universal tom cat diseases and problems
- Hundreds of pictures, drawings, and tables that illustrate what to appear for and the way to supply the easiest deal with your cats
- All new anatomical drawings and diagrams
- New info on genetics, geriatrics, drug sensitivities, uncooked diets, arthritis drugs, dental ailment, and more
- Information on vitamins, nutraceuticals, and holistic remedies that experience confirmed beneficial
- Interesting findings on cat behavior
Whether you could have a kitten or a senior cat, this source is helping you speedy determine capability difficulties, take right steps in emergency events, larger comprehend diagnoses and cures, and converse extra successfully together with your veterinarian. this can be the hands-on reference you will belief back and again.
Read Online or Download Cat Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Fully Revised and Updated PDF
Best pets & animal care books
E-book by way of Jones, Dave
Whilst an area vet and a pampered puppy disappear, Holly iciness and her veterinarian lover Steve Delaney visit the unique Cambridge puppy education membership to enquire.
By way of analyzing you how one can make the tasks which are useful in addition to ornamental. you are going to persist with the step-by-step instructions on tips to create the animals defined and make a specific construction of your individual. examine the dear Kitty at the disguise and enable your mind's eye ask yourself contemplating locations you could
Extra info for Cat Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Fully Revised and Updated
9. Anticoagulant rodenticides; cats may eat these or may eat rodents who have the poison in their system. 10. Amphetamines; even very small amounts are serious. qxp 10/29/07 3:41 PM Page 28 28 • CAT OWNER’S HOME VETERINARY HANDBOOK GENERAL TREATMENT OF POISONING If your cat ingests an unknown substance, it is important to determine whether that substance is a poison. Most products have labels that list their ingredients, but if the label doesn’t tell you the composition and toxicity of the product, call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 for specific information.
Open his mouth and clear any secretions with a cloth or handkerchief. Check for a foreign body. If present, remove it if possible. If it is impossible to reach or dislodge, perform the Heimlich Maneuver, described on page 33. 3. Pull the tongue forward and close the mouth. Place your mouth over the cat’s nose (but not the mouth). Blow gently into the cat’s nostrils. The chest will expand. Remember, gentle blowing—you should not be blowing hard enough to inflate a balloon. 4. Release to let the air come back out.
If you suspect your pet has swallowed any drug, immediately induce vomiting and coat the bowel as described on page 29. Call your veterinarian for further instructions. A specific antidote may be available for the drug in question. Also call a poison control center (see page 28). Prevention: All medications should be safely stored in childproof containers and in closed cupboards. Always consult your veterinarian before administering any medication. Follow instructions exactly for frequency and dosage.