By Gary Ackerman, Jeremy Tamsett
Explores the Nexus shaped whilst Malevolent Actors entry Malignant skill
Written for pros, teachers, and policymakers operating on the vanguard of counterterrorism efforts, Jihadists and guns of Mass Destruction is an authoritative and entire paintings addressing the specter of guns of mass destruction (WMD) within the palms of jihadists, either traditionally and searching towards the longer term danger atmosphere. offering perception on one of many premiere protection problems with the 21st century, this seminal source effectively:
- Documents present traits within the ideology, technique, and strategies of jihadists as those relate to WMD
- Includes a piece dedicated to jihadist involvement with chemical, organic, radiological, and nuclear weapons
- Explores the position of intelligence, legislation enforcement, and policymakers in looking forward to, deterring, and mitigating WMD assaults
- Provides an summary of nonproliferation regulations designed to maintain WMD out of the palms of jihadists
- Conducts a groundbreaking quantitative empirical research of jihadist behavior
- Elicits major specialists’ estimates of the longer term WMD danger from jihadists
Leading overseas specialists basically differentiate among peaceable Muslims and jihadists, exploring how jihadists translate their severe and violent ideology into process. in addition they concentrate on WMD aim choice and the unfold of WMD wisdom in jihadist groups. without sensationalism, this multidimensional evaluate provides a heightened point of class to our realizing of the customers for and nature of jihadist WMD terrorism.
About the Editors
Gary Ackerman is study Director of the nationwide Consortium for the learn of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), a division of native land safeguard nationwide heart of Excellence dependent on the college of Maryland. His study paintings specializes in probability evaluation and terrorism related to unconventional weapons.
Jeremy Tamsett is a specialist for Henley-Putnam collage and an analyst on the middle for Terrorism and Intelligence stories (CETIS), a examine middle devoted to picking out, larger comprehending, and effectively assessing the current and destiny protection threats stemming from quite a few violence-prone extremists and their enablers. He has served as undertaking supervisor for the U.S. govt funded serious Infrastructure Terrorist assault database and international Terrorism Database (GTD).